CHARACTERISTICS OF THE BASE ELASTOMERS:
CURRENT NAME: Nitrile Rubber NBR
TRADE NAME: Perbunan N, Europrene N.
It’s a butadiene-acrilonitrile copolyimer, the ACN percentage can change from 18% to 50%.
- Good mechanical properties
- Good resistance to permanent deformation for compression (compression-set)
- Good impermeability to air and gases
- Easy coloured
- Limited resistance to UV rays
- Limited dielectric properties
- No resistance to fuel
COMPATIBILITY AND CHEMICAL BEHAVIOUR
• Good resistance:
– Oils and mineral fats
– Light combustible oils, diesel oil
– Aliphatic hydrocarbons
– Oils and animal and vegetal fats
– Hot water (+ 100 °C), sea water,saline solutions
• Medium resistance:
– Fuels rich in aromatics
– Some types of Freon
– Acid dilute solutions
– Hydraulic fluids with petroleum base
– Syntetic lubricants with diesters base
– Benzene and chlorinated hydrocarbons
– Aromatic hydrocarbons (benzol)
– Hydraulic fluids with phosphoric esters base
– Different liquids for brakes with a glycol base
– It’s possible to make mixtures with specific formula in order to optimize their chimical-physical characteristics to improve the performance in heavy uses.
– We make mixtures to use in contact with food.
Self-lubricating elastomer of our invention, following a request by our numerous customers to have an item made of a special material to satisfy the needs of the industry for the moving parts in case of poor lubrication conditions.
This kind of material have similar characteristic from our standard NBR, but with the benefit of the self-lubricating.
It’s available in black color and with hardness 70 and 80 shore.
Other hardness on request.