This kind of silicon and fluoroelastomer (Viton®) O-rings are capsuled with a FEP (FluoroEthylenePropylene) and this O-rings are suitable for critic situations.
Produced with a welded joint coating system, it can be use where the traditional elastomers can’t be use for the unfit chemical resistance.
The coating assure protection about chemical agent while the elastomer core assure memory.
This kind of special capsuled O-rings found their natural use in chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutics and food industry.
An example of traditional application are the valves spindles, cover, flange and mechanical seals.
The advantages arising from the use of these products compared to the classic elastomeric O-rings are:
- Thermal resistance and chemical compatibility
- No contamination for use with foods, pharmaceuticals and medicals products
- Low friction coefficient and no-adherence coefficient
- Low vapour permeability
The coated material can be:
- VITON ® à VITON® – FEP: temperature resistance -20° / +204°C
- SILICONE à SILICONE – FEP: temperature resistance -60° / +200° C
The coating is FEP (TEFLON®) and this coating complies with the FDA 21 CFR.177.1550 regulation.