The Fluorosilicone (FVMQ) is an elastomer whose characteristics are higher than those of the traditional silicone because some flour(in % respect to the polymer) is inside the mixture. Therefore it’s possible to enlarge considerably the fields of application of the moulded or extruded items to use them in variuos industrial sectors:
– Electric, electronical
– Oil, chemical
– Aviation and naval
– etc., etc.
The items in fluorosilicone are better than those in other elastomers because of its excellent chemical-physic properties:
– Good mechanical properties after long ageing in air or inside a fluid
– Good behaviour with many fuels, unrefined oil, oils and solvents (excepted ketones and esteris)
– Exceptional resistance to every kind of ageing to ozone and rays
– Preservation of flexibility from – 60° to + 180 °C
– Very good electric properties, as you can understand from the below values.
Dielectric strength 14-15 KV/mm
Dielectric constant between 5,6 and 7,0 at 10 Hz
Volume resistivity 4,7 – 10 – 7,6 10 Ohm cm
– Possibility to produce different and extruded shapes.
N:B: The values of the physic resistance must be considered as general information because they have been derived from laboratory testes. Therefore these data are only by way of information.