Liquid Silicone Rubber (L.S.R.)
The CENTRO GUARNIZIONI TIGER is one of the pioneer companies that in 1988 began to produce technical items using the Liquid Silicone Rubber; we can declare with proud that we have the know-how and the more sophisticated technologies of production.
We can guarantee the quality of our products both because our staff is high qualified for the realization of the equipments and because all our establishments for the injection moulding are servo-assisted by microprocessors which guarantee a high quality standard to the particular items.
|• MEDICAL DEVICE||• HOUSEHOLD||• ELECTROTECHNICS|
|• FOOD DEVICE||• AUTOMOTIVE||• ECOLOGY|
|• MEDICAL||• TELEPHONY|
Liquid Silicone Rubber LSR
LSR is a two-components liquid silicone rubber used to produce elastic items with the injection moulding method.
For example its molecular structure is characterized by bonds where the carbon is substituted with silicon; it follows that both the technology for its transformation and the kinds of its uses are peculiar..
The products in LSR are created by the chemical reaction of two different gelatinous components.
The cross-link process, similar to the vulcanisation one, can be speed up or down by the temperature, but it’s always irreversible as soon as the two components come into contact each other.
Therefore the LSR cannot be recovered and cannot be moulted with the same technology used for pastes and mixtures able to be vulcanized.
This material is then transformed using specific injection machines which let to obtain the best results.
The products vulcanized with the Liquid Silicone Rubber have the following characteristics:
• Excellent high temperature resistance +250° C
• Excellent low temperature resistance and flexibility – 60°C
• Very good thermal stability
• Excellent resistance to ageing and great stability to ozone and UV rays
• Very good dielectric behaviour in a wide temperature range
• Very good stretch characteristics inside the provided hardness range
• Very good stretch against breaking
• Very good ultimate tensile stress
• Physiological independence
• Inertless (no taste or smell)
• Very good size stability
• The products satisfy the BGA, FDA, KTW rules regarding the contact with food.
Applications for oil resistance
Generally the Liquid Silicone Rubber are transparent; they can be coloured adding a third component, a couloring paste, into the mixer.
Now it’s possible to produce details in the following colours: RED, WHITE, BLACK, GREY, GREEN, SKY-BLUE, YELLOW; other colours can be custom made for special items.
Hardness = range 20 – 80 Shore A
VIEW THE SPECIFICATIONS